We are a group of portfolio managers, quantitative researchers and senior IT engineers with varied backgrounds. Most of us hold advanced degrees in quantitative disciplines.
- Zijun Yan, PhD: Serial entrepreneur and seasoned investor with strong tech background. He is a senior principal software engineer at Cadence Design Systems, focusing on scalable and efficient algorithm design, data structure, optimization, distributed system, and large-scale software development. Meanwhile, he invested in multiple startup businesses and operates his own with good cash flow. He is a Ph.D. in Computer Engineering.
Head of Trading, Research and Data Science:
- Wanyu Ye, PhD: Many years of quantitative alpha research experience in hedge funds. Familiar with asset management in stocks and cryptos, tokenomics and philosophy. Managed and researched market neutral equity portfolios and strategies in renowned quantitative hedge funds with good performance. Participated in the search for Higgs boson in Fermilab. The work and the ongoing research conducted at CERN’s Large Hadron Collider led to the discovery of the Higgs boson, the Nobel prize winner in physics 2013. B.S. in Physics, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC); Ph.D. in Physics, Stony Brook University.
- John Gan, PhD: Dr. Gan obtained his Ph.D. from Harvard University with a solid background in applying machine learning algorithms and statistical inference to solve big data challenges. He then joined Harvard Business School as a researcher, focusing on asset pricing in emerging financial sectors including cryptos. At Harvard, John designed and implemented a course on financial technologies, linking AI and big data to financial services with real world cases. He has tutored over 1,000 students world wide, most of whom are industrial leaders with senior positions including C-level executives.
- Jing Yang, PhD: Dr. Yang focuses on quantitative research on conventional and alternative data sets in the asset management domain, as well as trading decisions in the market. She participates in the full cycle of simulator construction, data analysis and portfolio construction. She has a B.S. degree in Biosciences, University of Science and Technology of China, and a Ph.D. degree in Cell Biology and Genetics, National University of Singapore.
- Heming Zhen, PhD: quantitative researcher, and a software engineer at Verily - Google Life Sciences. He is a former program director in Data Engineering, Insight Data Science. Before that, he served as an assistant professor at Rush University Medical Center and Boston University Medical Center. He received his B.S. degree in Physics, University of Science and Technology of China, and Ph.D. degree in Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin at Madison.
- Xuefeng Liu, PhD: quantitative researcher. Postdoctoral researcher at Boston University. B.S. at Department of Biology, Peking University; Ph.D. at University of British Columbia.
- Winston Dai: research consultant with machine learning focus. Research assistant with a full scholarship at MIT Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. His research focuses on machine learning and its applications in industrial TB-level big data, including risk stratification, deep generative modeling and causal inference. He has published multiple papers and given talks at top AI conferences. At MIT, he has been a teaching assistant for several graduate level machine learning classes, and a research mentor for many undergraduate students.
- We are actively looking for more partners! Let us know if you are interested.